Can I hook up my mixer to my computer?

• Members

I've got a Behringer UB2222fx. Can I hook it straight up to my computer via the line in jack on my Gateway computer.

Maybe I could use the tape out jack (recording) on the mixer or something???

I know there are MAudio products you can buy to plug instruments and mics into your computer. I'm wondering if I can avoid buying any of these and just use my mixer..

Thanks.

• Members

like ashivraj said, the best route is to use the rca outs with a rca to 1/8" adapter. You may not be to happy with the sound quality, as the soundcard in your computer will likely not have an ideal freq. range for recording, but if you're playing it out of regular pc speakers than you probably won't notice it that much. I've recorded stuff direct from my board into my computer, and until I upgraded my soundcard to something a bit more professional, the cd demos we burned were flat at best. I put in a delta 1010lt, and it made a world of difference (plus having the ability to run 8 inputs to different tracks make recording the whole band easier)

If you plan on doing any serious recording on your computer, save yourself the headache and invest in a decent pair of monitors too. mixing through a pair of pc speakers guarantees a bad result, and a $250 pair of monitors (while not great) will be a huge improvement over any pc speaker setup.

Archived