Using a JBL G2 EON and a POD 2.0 live.

• Members

I know in some circles (namely the amp forum) I'm likely to get laughed off with this question.

Opinions on changing my setup.... XXX to POD 2.0????

I have been asked to join a local cover band playing primarily synth and rhythm guitar and I've decided with all the extra gear to carry I need simplicity.

The new band plays rock, dance, metal, funk... it's all over the board, so I need a versitle sound. The lead guitarist plays a Pod Pro, with a Crown Amp thru a Rivera 4x12 cabinet, and I have to admit, it sounds great. He can have that classic 80's Rick Springfield, Bryan Adams tone, to bone crushing crunch for Sabbath and Metallica. And it's simple... One floorboard... no pedals all over the place.

Here's what I have to lug to an average gig........

Triton LE 61 Key-in flight case

MicroKorg

EMU pK6-in softcase

3 Tier Onstage Keyboard stand

Yamaha MG10/2 4 channel Mixer

JBL EON G2 15 "

2 guitars (Fender, Ibanez) in softcases

Marshall 1936 2x12 cab

Peavey XXX

Pedal board in skb soft case for reverb, delay, chorus

...it's enough to drive me nuts, or pay a roadie

At first I found someone who was willing to trade me a used Flextone HD w/ the floorboard for my XXX head. I would have run it through one of my 2x12 cabs, but a few friends advised me against it, saying that there are problems running them with a 4 ohm cab, the sounds weren't the greatest and pointing out it still wouldn't eliminate my problem of lugging too much gear.

The POD could sit directly on my EMU synth and I could plug left/Right directly into my 4 channel Yamaha mixer, then run a line into the my JBL EON for a monitor and a line from the JBL to the PA. We own our own PA so I could bleed the POD into the mix

Any opinions on this setup? Pro's, cons, or otherwise.

• Members

Or like you said, from the pod to the JBL eon, and from it (via a "thru" output, to the PA.

Probably maybe not gonna be "quite" the exact sound that you are looking for, but probably close enough until you CAN afford to pay someone to lug a bunch of stuff around for you?

Try it and see?

Archived