Samson E62 GEQ

• Members

Hi.

I'm looking for a cheap but descent sounding used GEQ for a local club. Like other typcal club owners, the owner of this club doesn't like to pay much. So I'm looking at Yahoo auctions (ebay isn't popular here) for some cheap used gears.

I've just found a descent looking Samson E62 at about $100 which I think cheap enough, but I'm not familiar with this.

Is the E62 sounds good enough or just a crap? Any comments please!!

The sound system of this club is old or at lower MI grade such as Yamaha MG16 mixer, an old SPX900 reverb, old Yamaha power amps, old FOH cabs with JBL drivers etc, so the best quality isn't required. And this EQ would be their first GEQ installation for 34 years!!

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi

• Members

Originally posted by whsjosh

Hi.

I'm looking for a cheap but descent sounding used GEQ for a local club. Like other typcal club owners, the owner of this club doesn't like to pay much. So I'm looking at Yahoo auctions (ebay isn't popular here) for some cheap used gears.

I've just found a descent looking Samson E62 at about $100 which I think cheap enough, but I'm not familiar with this.

Is the E62 sounds good enough or just a crap? Any comments please!!

The sound system of this club is old or at lower MI grade such as Yamaha MG16 mixer, an old SPX900 reverb, old Yamaha power amps, old FOH cabs with JBL drivers etc, so the best quality isn't required. And this EQ would be their first GEQ installation for 34 years!!

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi

Don't really know about the Samson, but the Peavey eq w/ FLS is a good one that is liked around here. Here's a link on ebay for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23788&item=3721387522&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

• Members

Originally posted by ApocalypseGuitar

Don't really know about the Samson, but the Peavey eq w/ FLS is a good one that is liked around here. Here's a link on ebay for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23788&item=3721387522&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thanks, ApocalypseGuitar.

I love my Q231FX! I have 2 units for my portable system. The owner of the club also loves my Q231FX (I bring mine and hook up to the club system when my band play there ). But he doesn't like to spend much. Can't get the Q231FX with his tight budget !!

:(

• Members

Originally posted by whsjosh

Thanks, ApocalypseGuitar.

I love my Q231FX! I have 2 units for my portable system. The owner of the club also loves my Q231FX (I bring mine and hook up to the club system when my band play there ). But he doesn't like to spend much. Can't get the Q231FX with his tight budget !!

:(

Would probably be better to spend a few extra dollars and get something that will last. I haven't had any dealings with Samson, but Peavey's stuff is built well.

Archived