repair question. worth repairing?

• Members

Is a Roland SEQ-331 worth repairing. I've no Idea what's wrong with it. It used to work but one day it didn't (didn't die during use)

I've checked for fuses ages ago and they aren't the problem. Is there anything else easy to check without killing myself.

• Members

The old Roland EQs were in fact quite good - they didn't use the common gyrator type circuitry and were more accurate with less interference between bands than most of the run-of-the-mill EQs out there. If it were mine, I would be repairing it.

Question: were you using mixture of jack and xlr for interconnection? - some combinations they did not like. I'm pretty sure these used a relay to activate the EQ/Bypass function, and it may be this which has failed.

Cheers

Graeme

• Members

Originally posted by Centauri

The old Roland EQs were in fact quite good - they didn't use the common gyrator type circuitry and were more accurate with less interference between bands than most of the run-of-the-mill EQs out there. If it were mine, I would be repairing it.

Question: were you using mixture of jack and xlr for interconnection? - some combinations they did not like. I'm pretty sure these used a relay to activate the EQ/Bypass function, and it may be this which has failed.

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks for the info - so it's a really high quality eq? D aussie on the bass forum picked one up at cash converters for $15 :D

I think (I think - it was over a year ago) that I was using jack ins and outs all the time - I don't think I ever used the XLR's on it.

At the time, the jack out was going to a jack / rca adapter, then to an rca splitter cable then two both sides of a jands J600 (rca inputs).

Archived