Appreciate Feedback-Live Demo Clips

• Members

A few months back I posted some poor quality live clips my cover band was trying to fashion as a Press Kit demo. People were pretty critical of the last demo (quality of the recording and performances) so I took some helpful advice and we hired a guy with a live recording rig to record a gig. He gave us the 'raw' tracks and we went to task at pulling out flawed performances (flat notes, messed lyrics, noisy guitar etc).

What we are left with are 10 clips that show a variety and range of what we play. I'd like to narrow this down further and remove clips that aren't up to par. I've heard that 5-30 second clips is the "standard" for a band demo. How many clips should we include? How long should they be?

Warning... this is pretty long... about 8 mins.

Demo

• Members

Originally posted by Unalaska

A little more spam for ya, I just put these up on my band's web site of live and studio recordings. The live ones were done from an 01V into a blackface ADAT, the studio ones were done with mackie 1604s and ADATs mixed in Vegas 5.0 on Creamware hardware. Here's the link:

thanx

The live recordings sound great! It sounds like you have all the ambience of a small room... which is cool for R&B and Soul. The studio stuff is also nice and tight! I'd hire you based on those recordings.

Archived