New Mackie 1232z

• Members

Does any body have any experience with the new "Mackie SA 1232z" powered speakers? I was wondering what the difference was between them and the regular SA1232's. I called Mackie and they told me the newer version 1232z's are louder than the older version, and they made some positive tweaks to the design.

I eventually want to use (2) of these with (2) of the Mackie 1801 Subwoofers. I have been using mackie 450's with Yorkville Elite powered subs, but I don't like the Yorkvilles.

• Members

I saw in another thread you are selling your Yorkville LS700Ps, have you tried the LS800Ps? The 700Ps have two 10" speakers, the 800Ps have an 18" speaker. I've compared the 800Ps to the 1801s and there is no comparison. I also own 2 LS800Ps and 2 EF500Ps. I do heavy rock shows all the time, and if I had to deal with 1801s I'd start DJing instead and save myself the headaches of not having enough bottom. If you want an 18" sub, compare the 1801 to other 18" subs. I can't offer any info on the 1232z, sorry. I've used the 450s a lot and compared to the 500Ps and they're not even in the same class. I've had the 450s thermal when wedged as monitors (which I later found out was a common complaint) with out even clipping. The Yorkville stuff is way heavier, but I'll trade the weight for the improved sound quality, just my opinion.

Archived