Saw a band equipped with the Bose PAS

• Members

Boseengineer,

Not meaning to be rude or anything, but are you ever going to answer my inquiry about using larger drivers to help with lower midrange dropout ??

If you're not allowed to talk these kinds of details, please just say so......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry about this, the thread took an unexpected turn and your question slipped my mind.

Our design goal was (and still is) to build something very close to a line source, i.e. very narrow and very tall. If you do the math, this setup shows the best performance in terms of the spatial properties that we are after. Everything is a trade-off and bigger drivers would IMO compromise some of the spatial properties. In particular you'd get up and down lobes due to an effect called aliasing.

Frankly, I haven't heard the "lower-mid-dropout" complaint until it showed up on this forum (and I usually get to hear all complaints/comments/suggestion). Its certainly doesn't seem to be an issue with our existing customers. I wonder whether what you've (and apparantly some other people on the forum) heard could have been easily "fixed" with some EQ and whoever was using the system simply had a different idea about his/her sound.

Archived