Yorkville U15 Power

• Members

Seriously considering upgrading from our SP5's to a pair of U15s.

Our PV2600 should work well with the U15s as it pushes 900watts @ 4ohms.

If we were to upgrade to the lighter PLX series it looks like there are 3 options.

1602 which is 1600watts mono bridged at 4 ohms, the 2402 which is 700watts @ 4 ohms (non bridged) or the 3002 which is 900 @ 4 ohms.

What would you use?

• Members

I have a set of Pyle supplied U15's, I definitely can recommed him, I already had the 3402 before I purchased the speakers so the set up is perfect. Ive used the setup several times outdoors with plenty of headroom for the area. Ive used it indoors too with the same outcome. I have the Yorkville U15 proccessor and a 231 dbx EQ and thats it! (not to mention a couple of subs) The results have been well taken, everyone has loved the sound.

• Members

Originally posted by ned911

Drum,

What subs are you using?

Currently a set (one per side) JBL SRX718s subs powered with a RMX1850 bridged @ 1800w getting 900w to each speaker. I do have a larger amp that I can use if I want to really drive these pups. I like the sound of these boxes alot, light weight and very easy to move around. But once again UGI (up-grade-itus) has hit me again and Im pondering on a set of KV2 EX 2.2 powered subs. Why? I dont know, I like active boxes, the story goes these subs sound as good as Gods throne room subs, "Thunder"!:D

Archived