Tapco Juice power amps?

• Members

Anybody know if these are any good? They seem to have great features and power for the price and I was considering picking one up in the near future. I'd be using it to power mine and a friend's guitar cabs at some fun informal jam sessions.

Any experiences? I've read some good reviews but I don't know how impartial they are.

• Members

Sorry to post so long after you posted but I just had time to read some of the posts.

I bought two of the Tapco (Mackie) 1400 power amps a couple of weeks ago. Price was right and I have had good luck with the other 1400 Mackie made. The application was for simple announcing systems at county fairs.

The first amp was dead out of the box. No fan and immediately went into protect.

The other one worked.

Like I said they were for non critical system use. We made it through the fairs because we had enough other gear.

My dealer has not been able to get another one to replace this one yet. He wants me to try another one....hopes he will keep the sale and not have to refund the bucks. If it doesen't get in soon he will make his own deal.

I guess I give them a 50/50 on the rating.

Make sure you can return it if it fails.

Bob Cap

Archived