So I survived my first tour...

• Members

...as the band engineer. We toured 21 cities, from Washington state, down the California coast, 3 islands of the 808 state, New Mexico, and ended in CO. This was a small club tour with a few nice medium/large sized venues thrown in, with only a few worth mentioning. I met some great & amazing engineers, some not-so-great engineers, and lots of dj's-posing-as-engineers. My favorite venues had to be Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz CA, The Aggie Theatre in Fort Collins CO (thanks Dean), and the Belly Up in Aspen CO (big thanks to monitor tech Mike and system tech Ralph Pitt). Here's a link to to the tour schedule: http://www.dubstationonline.com/AbijahDubStationTourFall06.html?artist_id=36&promo=1

All in all, I'm glad yet sad the whirl-wind of hotels, long van rides, smelly bars, drunk patrons, and the typical BS of random venues is over. I'm back in busy Boston enjoying my first real "fall" season.

Notes for all venues are being prepared by the tour manager and I, I'll post general specs here if enough interest is present.

Guest Anonymous

Next time come through N. Idaho... and more specifically "John's Alley" in Moscow, ID...

Ok?

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

There is life in the Pacific Northwest besides Seattle. :)

BTW: congrats

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

Next time come through N. Idaho... and more specifically "John's Alley" in Moscow, ID...

Ok?

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

There is life in the Pacific Northwest besides Seattle.
:)

there is??

p;)

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

Thanks.

:freak: Is that what you look like, BillESC? Dang, I've been wondering!

I think I left behind a good measure of sanity in every venue. . .

Anyway, while we're on the topic of touring, what do y'all bring in your rack? On my limited budget, I brought the following:

-TC M300

-Yamaha REV500

-dbx 266XL

-beh. 4-chan gate.

I hope to upgrade to the following for next time:

-TC D2

-TC M1

-dbx 1046

I'd either keep the behringer gate or swap it for a dbx 160 or 166xl.

• Members

Glad to hear that you had a great time! I live kind of close to Moe's alley in Santa Cruz. That is a really cool little joint. I like the little 'courtyard' for all of the smokers etc. I've seen Tommy Castro (one of my fav's) twice. His show never disappoints (except for some pushy patrons every now & then).

Johnny

Archived