Laptop to mixer

• Members

Hey DJ......how much is that software, and where did you get it?

Go to www.virtualdj.com and look at the Virtual DJ 4.2 software. You can download a 20 day trial free of charge to test it out. If you decide you like it, the Virtual DJ Pro software costs $320 and it will be mailed to your house. IMO, it's a lot better than Traktor, PCDJ, etc. But that's cuz it works perfectly for me!

Good Luck. :thu:

• Members

What? There is virtually no buzz when the music is off and the system is almost full in volume. And I never allow that to happen during the gig because I always fade between songs so that there is no dead space. Plus, I get compliments on my sound quality. Why on earth would I spend money I don't need to in order to fix a problem people don't hear and I therefore don't care about? All people care about is that I play the music they want to hear, that the music is loud, and that the sound is good quality. Seriously... But eventually when I pull around $2000 together and I get into mixing with turntables, I'm gonna get a good quality sound card and probably a DI box so that I can connect everything up to my computer and then to my mixer, and then eventually upgrade my computer, but for now I am good.

By the same token, why would I balk at spending $100 to keep even minimal noise from a laptop from infiltrating my super quiet $80,000 PA system?

• Members

By the same token, why would I balk at spending $100 to keep even minimal noise from a laptop from infiltrating my super quiet $80,000 PA system?

Well it all depends on whether or not you have that $100 to spend at the moment... And I don't right now... And as I stated above, I am planning to spend the money in the future. :)

Archived