Microphone Setup

• Members

Hello. I'm looking for a microphone solution for my backup singers. I would like to get new wireless mics for my 3 backup singers on stage. I'm really watching prices at this point. I was thinking maybe a distribution unit setup or are there wireless receivers out there that can handle 3 handhelds off of 1 receiver? That would probably my best option. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

ctmaines

• Members

Unfortunately, there are no systems that would allow more than one microphone transmitter with a single receiver. The signal from the multiple transmitters would conflict. You would have to have seperate receivers on seperate frequencies for each transmitter. I think that there are a few brands that offer models with 2 to 4 transmitters built into the same 1 rack unit chasis though.

• Members

Unfortunately, there are no systems that would allow more than one microphone transmitter with a single receiver. The signal from the multiple transmitters would conflict. You would have to have seperate receivers on seperate frequencies for each transmitter. I think that there are a few brands that offer models with 2 to 4 transmitters built into the same 1 rack unit chasis though.

I'm pretty sure that you meant "models with 2 to 4 RECIEVERS"

I know that you know what you meant and I know that I know what you meant:D

My one point that I'd make about wireless mics is "don't go cheap". I've used inexpensive lower level RF units in the past and you will forever kick yourself for doing it (yes there are a few chineese brand Karioki type multiple VHF reciver/mic packages out there but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy with the quality). There are also some high quality brands that make multiple recievers in a single rack unit (I'm pretty sure senheiser makes one) but they are not cheap. If wireless isn't a MUST I'd scrap the idea untill you have a budget to support what you want to do.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived