19" mixer and components.

• Members

I do not do any professional work ... only parties for friends and myself. About 6 "parties" a year .... the rest of the time my equipment will be at my house providing tunes in my garage while I work in the yard.

But ..... I want good sound when I do use it.

I see no time where I will be using it for karaoke or anything like that .... mostly MP3's from a laptop or IPod and every-once in a while I will hook a mic up to it to announce through.

I am looking for a single U mixer ..... and have been looking close at the ART416. For EQ the ARTHD215 and the ART310 for the x-over.

I currently have a PV1500 amp and a set of SP2's (just traded yamaha BR15's). I will be buying a pair of SP118's in the future and a second amp.

So ..... what is the general opinion on the ART components i listed .... and ART equipment in general?

I have looked ad the RANE mixer .... but it cost twi$e as much .... is the sound any better than the ART?

Im not against spending money to get the sound I want but Im not Led Zeppelin and dont plan on ever "renting" anything out for $$$.

opinions?

• Members

I can't comment on the quality or sound of the Art products, but we have been very happy with the value of the different Rolls products we have used. You might look into their RM line of mixers. http://www.rolls.com/products/rm67.php Similar to the Art, but with a few more features for a few more dollars. They also make EQs and crossovers. Unfortunately, their website sucks but if you download the catalog it's pretty easy to see what they offer and then you can bring up more details on the actual product.

Good luck, Winston.

• Members

I've owned and used ART equipment many times in the past. I've never really had any complaint (usualy sound quality is pretty god, build quality is so-so (but usable)). It's not Speck (a really HQ and expensive small mixer company) but ART equipment should work fine for you.

Rane equipment is of a much more industrial build quality (I wouldn't say it'll sound much better than the ART gear but if it's only used 6 times per year it should last through your grandchildren's lifetimes).

Both units will sound good. difference in cost is the build quality.

• Members

I have been looking at the Rolls RM74 ... it looks pretty nice as well.

I was originally just wanting all the gear to match .... but a 19" mixer that that only takes up one U is like a Yeti ......

Possibly the Rolls mixer and DBX or some other for the EQ and x-over.

I dont really want to spend RANE kind of money unless needed.

• Members

I use all Peavey rack gear and I think it is tremendous bang for the back. A PV231 EQ and 23XO crossover, and they have worked great. I'm not sure if Peavey makes a rack mixer though. I know their PV series of small mixers is relatively inexpensive.

Best,

John

Archived