Mackie S408?

• Members

I have the 408M (Which is the Mono Version) and I love it- I use it for acoustic gigs, and though it is only 250w X 2 (250w power amp & 250w monitor) I have been using it for outdoor partys and It is awesome- I have a Behringer EP2500 in case I need more power but have not needed it as of yet!

Mackie stopped making them I believe a few years ago- the 808 has more power- but the effects and other features are great! I highly recommend it!

• Members

If you are using it for small gigs its OK. Powerwise its rated 250 per channel at2 ohms.

So if you are going to only plug 2 8ohm speakers into it you will not be getting that full power.

If you are dead set on the Mackies get the 808. Also consider the Peavey 8600.

• Members

408 is great for smaller indoor and outdoor stages. Frequency response sounds clear throughout the mid range, but when overdriven becomes harsh (mid-high). Horizontal coverage is great, but you can run into some issues with noise cancellation if you don't space the PA correctly. The S410's subs have a punchy, 80-100Hz hit you in the chest response. Coupled as a system, its a step up from most they're powered rigs, but limited to maybe a couple hundred seats, within 150ft range. Great for standard rock, country, and some jazz. Not ideal for dj/hip hop and heavy metal/rock.

Archived