Miking for Wedding - Help?

• Members

My friend at the last moment asked me to run the sound for her wedding, and I was looking for some help. I don't have any wireless mic's, and obviously don't have the little mic's that clip onto a jacket. I have multiple dynamic mic's, large and small diaphragm condensors, so I have equipment, I'm just not sure how to set it up. I was thinking about having the pastor hold a dynamic vocal mic (om5), and have the bride and groom pass one to eachother for the vows. I also was wondering about setting up one or two small diaphragm condensors and putting them low on the stage or in a flower arrangement to stay out of the way, and aiming it so you'll pick up the bride and groom's vows, and having that pick up the pastor, or still have him use the dynamic mic.

What do you guys recommend? The rehearsal is tonight, so some quick suggestions will be very helpful.

• Members

i would not recomend an om5 for this. these people will have horrid technique and you would be better off with a plain 58.

best bet would be a lav, rent it if you can.

Why would you recomend a 58? The 58 and om5 are both cardiod vocal mic's, and I'd never touch a 57 or 58 if I had a i5 or om series mic.

• Members

Your best bet is to have a single mic about waist level between the bride, groom, & pastor. Only ONE open mic. Tell them to speak loudly as they would in an un-amplified situation. That's what I have done. NO switched mics or cover them up.

boomerweps

• Members

Your best bet is to have a single mic about waist level between the bride, groom, & pastor. Only ONE open mic. Tell them to speak loudly as they would in an un-amplified situation. That's what I have done. NO switched mics or cover them up.

boomerweps

Would you recomend a dynamic or condensor mic? I had thought about putting a large diaphragm condensor on omni mode between the three, but had been told not to by a couple people.

Archived