weekend gig weirdness

• Members

The weirdness being that I have nothing to report. No questions, no horror stories.

Second gig running the PA from stage. Everything went right, sounded good on stage, sounded good out the front. It was the wedding for our guitarist so we didn't get a sound check (he came of the floor a couple of songs after the bridal waltz). We only miced vocals and guitars. I had a couple of people in the audience to tell me if anything needed to be mixed up or down and nothing did.

Freaky.

Having said that, it was a hard load in and load out with a lot of stairs. :cry:

• Members

Either you did a great job or much of the audience are ignorant (or don't care) about volume levels and whatnot. I like a mix of both, leaning towards the "great job".

Enough people were in the audience that I trust that said there was nothing that was serious enough to worth bothering me about. (apparently the guitars could have both come up a touch, or the lead vocal down a touch depending on who you talk to - but not much). We were overall quieter than the DJ on before and after.

Archived