How woulld I go about doing this... (DJ/Rock/Techno/Live)

• Members

So i'm starting up a band with another person. We are going to be doing a Dance-Rock style sound, but with beats done on a laptop, live guitar, synths from a midi controller, and vocals. Ive got Fruity Loops, which works great for beats and synths (Sytrus is nice), but I dont know how to translate this to a live setting. I want to be able to play a synth part, then loop it and mess with it. I have a DL4 which works OK, but I dont get many options. I thought about a loop pedal but that seems unnecissary seeing as I have a laptop that can record things. I use a Line6 KB37 for synth control and my inputs. I guess what I want to find is software that will sample my guitar, or synth, and allow me to loop it. Pretty much the same thing as a floorboard but on a laptop. Ive looked into Ableton Live and it has some features I want, but I dont know for sure how much it can do.

Any clue?

• Members

I'm doing what you want with no laptop in a few weeks at mad frog in cincy. I'll pm you details when i figure them out. I'm using 2 electribe emx-1's, 1 electribe esx-1, 1 korg microx, a future retro revolution, a kaoss pad 3, and a novation remote sl.

there are a few really good looper programs out there that are vst instruments. check the ableton forums for how to do live looping well. they talk about all the options there. You will probably end up with 1 or 2 beheringer foot controllers.

• Members

I flipped through Ableton forums and found almost exactly what I want. The issue is I get absolutely horrible Latency between my KB37 guitar and Ableton. This is weird because I get very little latency between it and Adobe Audition 3.0. Might be a setting somewhere. Ive set the audio latencies to as low as they can go before i get crackling. What is this about AISO encoding? I'm not very familiar with that.

Archived