Carvin C1644U mixer?

• Members

if I was using it to run a little monitor setup it might be nice. Do you not think so?

Vocal accuracy masked by Effects?

I definately don't want effects on my monitors, I rarely use them on mains.

• Members

Vocal accuracy masked by Effects?

I definately don't want effects on my monitors, I rarely use them on mains.

+1 :thu:

Have you ever shared a stage with a group that uses the same FX in mon as FOH. Nothing like reverb and delay on vocals in monitors.

• Members

Not trying to mask, I just prefer for my signal to not be incredibly dry when using my in-ears. A little verb helps me "feel" the room a little more. To each his own I guess. Sorry to derail the thread!

• Members

The only board on you list that would get slight preference is A&H.

And if time is not an issue, the A&H can be found for very near the OP's target price of $800. I bought my MixWiz from MF for right around that price (at the moment, I can't recall exactly, it's early, first cup of coffee and all). It was listed as a scratch & dent unit, but the only flaw was a dented corner of the cardboard shipping box. The mixer itself was absolutely perfect.

• Members

Not trying to mask, I just prefer for my signal to not be incredibly dry when using my in-ears. A little verb helps me "feel" the room a little more. To each his own I guess. Sorry to derail the thread!

I know what you mean, but we use a drum overhead that picks up quite a bit of stage ambient sound, and I bleed that into my IEM mix to relieve the "dryness" and still don't have to deal with the negatives of reverb in a monitor mix.

(Apology to OP -- I don't mean to or want to hijack this thread)

• Members

I have a Carvin C1644P. I bought it because it offers 4 monitor mixes and 2 effects sends. It also is powered, but you can assign the the 4 internal amps to be 4 monitors, or 2 mains and 2 monitors.

The nice thing is that for rehearsal, the board and a couple of monitors is all we need. At smaller gigs, I can go with external amps for the mains and internal amps for monitors. At larger gigs, I use external amps for monitors and mains.

The layout is small and cramped. That's exactly why I bought it. I have to fit all my guitar stuff and a small PA rig in the same truck, so space is a huge issue.

I think it's a good swiss-army knife mixer on a budget. The next step up for me will be an A&H GL2400, but I'll still use the Carvin for rehearsals and small gigs.

Archived