www.audiopile.net?

• Members

I've seen a few different folks recommend this site for snakes and such. However, I can never get into it.... does anyone know if it is still active? Am I right in thinking that the fella who runs it is also a member here?

• Members

I just tried Mark's site and I couldn't get on either. I haven't been here in a bit, but has anyone seen Mark around these parts, lately?

I've purchased lots of equipment from Mark and Liz over the years, all good and am in need of more. I hope nothing serious has happened!

Joel

• Members

Not working right now for me either. I talked to Liz within the last two weeks about ordering some cables and didn't get any inkling that anything was wrong there. Probably just some internet hiccup.

• Members

I believe there was a post over on PSW about this, and Mr. Hellinger responded by saying that Audiopile was having issues with their web host, or some such thing (sorry, I don't speak computerese), which they were working to correct. I believe you can still place orders by phone.

If you have not had the pleasure of working with the fine folks at Audiopile -- the good stuff that you read here and on PSW is all true. You will not find better service. Anywhere.

• Members

Probably just some internet hiccup.

Yes, our website host is experiencing technical difficulties. I believe they are updating their stuff (or fixing something that wasn't broken until they decided to fix it).

It seems like the internet in-general has been having a couple of bad weeks. I think there's a new round of internet terrorism doing a full court press (or something... maybe it's sunspots?)

Our other contact info:

e-mail: audiopile@starband.net

Phone: 509-287-2020

Fax: 509-287-2411

Thanks to everyone for the concern,

W. Mark Hellinger

President

Audiopile

• Members

Good to hear. I was getting ready to place an order for more cables and I was concerned. Where else can I get those cool blue cables? lol

As everyone else has said, Audiopile is top notch. Everything I have received from them has been "as promised" or better.

• Members

I've ordered several things from Mark and Liz. Absolutely one of the best in the biz!

I second that one! I have ordered everything from adapters to road cases from them and it has all been great products. You couldn't ask for nicer people to deal with either.

• Members

They seem to respond slowly to me.... :|

That frustrates me too. We're working on that.

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it's difficult for us to answer all the e-mails we receive in a timely manner. We're a small outfit and all the Audiopile e-mail goes through Liz. There's advantages and disadvantages to this method of communication management.

Advantages: The left hand generally knows what the right hand is doing.

Disadvantages: Sometimes there too much to do in a timely manner with only 2 hands.

Based on the e-mail load, we prioritize the list. Straight-forward questions about ordering, product explanation, or customer service issues get answered first. Complex questions involving research or application advice we try to answer as we can, but those e-mails generally get addressed we have the time and don't have the interruptions (phone ringing or employees needing guidance) to give the answer the attention it deserves... so these types of inquiries we try to catch-up on during off-hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays)... or answer after we have gathered the required information.

And... sometimes we don't receive e-mails that are sent to us, or they get mis-routed, or inadvertently deleted.

And there's other complications with e-mails (and internet commerece in-general): I just spent a full 3 hours answering a seemingly simple question about splitter options. Normally I could have put-out the answer in maybe 1/2 hour, but the answer involved supplying a variety of internet links (and research)... and my internet connection was playing the fool... so there I sat... well sort-of... waiting for pages to load. Actually... I been sliding back & forth between a solder bench project and the computer for 3 hours working on that splitter answer.

E-mail can be a good method of communication, but sometimes it's slow... or flakey. I wish I had a better solution.

W. Mark Hellinger

President

Audiopile

• Members

Mark,

Maybe you can answer my question here then.

Since 99% of the stuff I buy has to be in PO form, do you guys sell through 3rd party? SPL-AVI, Intaglio, B&H, FullCompass, etc.

I can't visualize what PO form is, but no, we don't generally sell through 3rd. parties. We do sometimes when purchasers like... oh, maybe a organization (school, church, corporation, govt. dept, etc...) have a list of qualified vendors, and someone within that organization wants to purchase product outside of their organization's qualified vendor list, then we'll work through a 3rd. party... but usually the customer sets this up with the 3rd. party vendor.

• Members

Mark,

Has any of the manufacturing of EWI products, the DIs in particular, changed over the past year and a half or so? Expierencing some problems with more recently purchased gear from that SUNY order in the fall. Don't wanna go into detail here, and until I do my own troubleshooting on the gear first, but my first thought was maybe a change in location of manufacture, or change in QC at the plant or maybe change in source for parts like transformers or something. So far only seems to be DIs, and a Dent on one case when I opened the box which to me wasn't a big deal, I wouldn't have mentioned it if I wasn't already mentioning the other issues.

To anyone reading this, I've ordered thousands of dollars of gear from Mark and Liz at Audiopile with no issues. In all fairness, the gear referenced above with issues is not solely opperated by me (hardly ever actually), and I've only had a chance to open up 1 peice to verify the issue that was reported to me. I absolutely trust Audiopile as a Manufacturer and Distributor/Retailer, and have had excellent expierence with their customer service, and products.

I must say though Mark, I'm glad that EWI sunk the chassis screws on the 4 channel mic splits. Made it infinately easier to rack than the earlier model. My school has two 24 channel split racks that went together nice and easy. My personal 24 channel split rack took some work to make fit, and ultimately the removal of some of the chassis screws was necessary. It's good to see that EWI fixes little issues like this when they are presented.

• Members

I can't visualize what PO form is, but no, we don't generally sell through 3rd. parties. We do sometimes when purchasers like... oh, maybe a organization (school, church, corporation, govt. dept, etc...) have a list of qualified vendors, and someone within that organization wants to purchase product outside of their organization's qualified vendor list, then we'll work through a 3rd. party... but usually the customer sets this up with the 3rd. party vendor.

PO = purchase order = we issue order, you deliver, you invoice, we pay. Pretty straight forward.

Since you dont do POs, do you stock your stuff at B&H or Full Compass? If not, I could probably order through SPL.

• Members

So far only seems to be DIs, and a Dent on one case when I opened the box which to me wasn't a big deal, I wouldn't have mentioned it if I wasn't already mentioning the other issues.

A dent in a case is a big deal to me. We go to fairly extensive lengths to package the cases in a manner so-that the customer receives the case in the same condition it left here. Since the cases are final QC-ed and packaged for shipping here, by either myself, or under my direct supervision, I'm fairly confident the case didn't leave here with a dent in it. We (you) pay real money for the shipping of cases from here to you via the carrier, and the carrier charges a premium for the bigger/heavier cases due to their (explained) special handling requirement for the larger/heavier cases. IOW: The carrier probably charged a premium to transport and handle that case in such a manner as to not screw it up. Furthermore, we went to significant effort & expense to develop and construct certified packaging... which is certified by the carrier to protect the case against damage during their handling and transportation of the case. If damage in shipping occurs, the claim will be compensated by the carrier (assuming of-course that the claim is properly filed with the carrier).

Nobody's ever happy with equipment problems, but problems do happen. Addressing the problem is the only way it gets resolved. Hopefully the problems you're having with some EWI gear will be easier to resolve than the problems I'm currently having with the engine in my skid-steer loader. :)

• Members

Thanks for the info Mark. I'll check with my sales rep at SPL to see if they can be my middle-man. I understand your whole process to keep costs low, its more or less the same reason we don't issue payment until the items have been received.

Archived