speaker pick.......

• Members

I can spend around 1400$ but these are going to be the main speakers, so they need to carry when/if we ever play out. Everyone on here has given the JBL's MRX's rave reviews.. Are they the {censored}e for the money? I really don't want to buy any Behringer stuff, as i've never heard it... The Carvin stuff is pricey, but i've had good luck with those guys...(amp wise)...EV hmm...how long have they been around? etc. I guess just the typical Questions.

• Members

I can spend around 1400$ but these are going to be the main speakers, so they need to carry when/if we ever play out. Everyone on here has given the JBL's MRX's rave reviews.. Are they the {censored}e for the money? I really don't want to buy any Behringer stuff, as i've never heard it... The Carvin stuff is pricey, but i've had good luck with those guys...(amp wise)...EV hmm...how long have they been around? etc. I guess just the typical Questions.

The JBL MRX series is awsome. There's also Yamaha. Stay away from Behringer as much as possible. The EV QRX series is good (pricey) but I haven't heard any others in person.

• Members

I've AB'd the JRX's with the club v's and the JRX has a better high sound, not as harsh. I am a big yamaha fan, the the JRX's are better though IMAO. Although these are both pretty cheap speakers. The Peavey's i don't know much about. Everybody on the forum seem to like Yorkville stuff, i have used them a few times i like em. The MRX are probably a better JBL speaker for the money. If you can spend 1400 i would stay away from the club v and JRX spend the money on the MRX or an equivilent EV, or Yorkville or peavey for that matter.

• Members

• Members

EV has a new line called "Tour X" that will compete with the MRX line for price. Dont know which is the better buy but it will be worth a lookesy.

I saw those on MF and thought from the price range they were in the MRX area.A couple of interesting things

1.They have built in crossovers and subs w/tops are designed to be run from one amp.

2.There is a crease running top to bottom down the front of the speakers.

• Members

I have only heard the JRX subs... they sucked.

We have used the Yamaha 15's mostly for floor monitior duty and occasionally FOH due to their great price. These are not the greatest speakers but they are pretty durable as they have been moved around alot and I have only seen one out of twelve go down in the past 12 years.

I don't enough about Peavy to give you a comment... just find a "country" guy.

I would lean toward the JBL MRX series... good compromise for price, performance if you are willing to save up a little.

Good luck!

Archived