QSC K12 vs JBL Eon515

• Members

I was looking to buy a smaller more portable PA system and the two speakers that really caught my eye were the K12's and the Eon515's. I was looking at the new SRM450's but there were many reports that the V2's still overheat. Also the Yorkville NX55P and NX750P speakers looked pretty interesting. Do you guys have any feedback about these speakers?

• Members

I wasn't impressed when I auditioned the Eon 515. Then again, I compared them with the QSC HPR122i and the better JBL powered speakers so of course they didn't sound as good as the better options. I ended up buying the HPR122i's.

You can also look into the EV SxA360, which are supposedly pretty good and which just had a price drop. However, I have personally never heard them.

• Members

I heard both of these speakers side by side for a breif ear test only. I wasnt operating the mixer but was told everything was flat. Different types of canned music with lots of "pretty" vocals. That said, the Eon wasnt even close to the K12. The K12 has a very nice top end to my ears. The Eon did have more bottom but it is a 15" woofer.

Archived