FS: Spectra 1978 Power Boat

keyh

• Members

Up for sale is an amazing Spectra 1978 Power Boat with 900HP Gale Banks 454- Twin Turbos/Intercooler boat. This boat is in amazing and original condition; This incredible boat came with a Ford 460 originally, but 70 MPH wasn’t fast enough for the original owner.

Design and install a high end 454 cubic inch motor with Twin Turbo’s and Inter-cooled motor with aluminum heads and it is said to be pumping 900 Horse Power. It has the Dominator Jet Drive which is powerful and reliable. I am told it was driven about 90 MPH, although I can not verify the top speed today. 

More information on the boat:
Make: Spectra
Year: 1978
Trailer: Included
Engine Type: Jet Drive
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Use: Fresh Water
Type: Classic Speed Boat
Engine Make: Chevrolet Engine
Fuel Capacity: 31 - 40 Gallons
Length (feet): 19
Model: 190
Primary Fuel Type: Gas
Engine Model: 454
Hull ID Number: SPE19374M78G

It does have a foot throttle, which adds to the amazing thrill of “stepping on it”. 

The vinyl interior appears to be original and is in very good condition. The shag carpet is stretched a bit and discolored, but it is such a great look. The boat only has 380 hours since new. The exterior is in very good condition and is original with a few minor blemishes, overall fantastic for the age.

It rides on the original 1978 Foto-Grafix Tandem trailer. It has new tires and it comes with a boat cover.

I replaced the gas with non ethanol clear gas. I replaced the 3 gas filters also. It has two 17 gallon gas tanks, with on / off switches. I put in a new battery. I put in racing motor oil and swapped the 2 oil filters and changed the spark plugs. 

Price is USD$19,500 and shipping would be on me.

If you are interested  send me a message or email
keyh503 at gmail dot com

Thanks for looking...!!

kw4.jpg

kw9.jpg

kw13.jpg

kw14.jpg

kw18.jpg

kw22.jpg