load in/out at a gig...

• Members

I'm thinking about getting an equipment cart- my stage setup has expanded to include a guitar amp, a keyboard amp, 2 guitars, synth, pedals, mic and stand. the amps are on casters but it's still a lot of back and forth, heavy as hell. anyone have one they like or know anything about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-N-Roller-Micro-Multi-Cart-Black-Yellow/dp/B0002GXY5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1250518882&sr=8-1

• Members

A friend of mine has one of those. it feels kinda cheap, but it has worked a few times.

I'm not sure it would last for years, though.

If it fits your needs, I'd suggest the carpeted moving dollys. I had one in the garage which works well for items that don't have casters. You can pick them up at Harbor Freight for about $20.

Terry

I'm thinking about getting an equipment cart- my stage setup has expanded to include a guitar amp, a keyboard amp, 2 guitars, synth, pedals, mic and stand. the amps are on casters but it's still a lot of back and forth, heavy as hell. anyone have one they like or know anything about these?

• Members

I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a 600lb rated had truck with pnumatic wheels. They should be around $30-40 and will last for years if you take care of it. It will act as a shock absorber, and will help you go up and down stairs.

The problem with a cart, is that it is usually pretty useless if you encounter steps of any sort.

• Members

We've been using one of those in one of my bands for about four years now. It hasn't crapped out yet. We use it to move a "speakers on a stick" PA in an acoustic act. I just bought another one for my own personal use. It folds up pretty small and I can fit it in my trunk with the rest of my guitar rig. That's the major selling point for me.

• Members

Thanks for the advice- i think the carpeted moving dolly might be the thing- i've got just a 4 door sedan and it wouldn't take up too much space, but both my amps have casters, so i might just build it up with some extra planks/edging. And it's cheap!

Archived