Xenyx 1204 and the UCA 202

• Members

I know this is probably so obvious but I just can't seem to figure it out. Can someone explain to me how these two products work together? Supposedly, you can record 2 tracks simultaneously with the usb interface that comes with that mixer. The 2 inputs are rca inputs. a red and a white. but the outputs on the mixer seem to be a master stereo output. So how do you get, for example, channel 1 and channel 2 to record to your pc application as seperate channels, 1 and 2?

Thanks!

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/1204.aspx

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

• Members

But the outputs on the mixer seem to be a master stereo output. So how do you get, for example, channel 1 and channel 2 to record to your pc application as seperate channels, 1 and 2?

Pan Channel 1 left and Channel 2 right.

• Members

Alternatively, if you do not want to tie up the main mix bus on the mixer, get the correct adapters and use the channel inserts as direct outs into your usb interface. Using Alt 3-4 may also be an option if you want your recorrding channels isolated from the main mix (ie a stereo pair of mics doing a live recording)

• Members

Alternatively, if you do not want to tie up the main mix bus on the mixer, get the correct adapters and use the channel inserts as direct outs into your usb interface. Using Alt 3-4 may also be an option if you want your recorrding channels isolated from the main mix (ie a stereo pair of mics doing a live recording)

How do you use channel inserts as outs to the usb? Wouldn't they have to be channel outs or direct outs? I don't think this mixer has channel inserts for each channel. I think it's just XLR and 1/4" inputs.

• Members

how does this give you 2 seperate channels into the recording software. Doesn't this just give you 2 signals panned recorded on one track?

That's the same thing. Just set your DAW to arm your left soundcard input as one track your right as another.

• Members

How do you use channel inserts as outs to the usb?

If you use a TS connector in the "one click" position, it only engages the insert send, thus turning it into a channel out.

Wouldn't they have to be channel outs or direct outs? I don't think this mixer has channel inserts for each channel. I think it's just XLR and 1/4" inputs.

Looks like you're right... no channel inserts on that mixer, so it doesn't matter.

• Members

That's the same thing. Just set your DAW to arm your left soundcard input as one track your right as another.

Ok, so on track 1, there is a input pull down list. I can select the left input? And on channel 2 I can select the right input? I run Sonar 8.5 producer addition by the way.

Thanks a lot for the help btw.

• Members

Ok, so on track 1, there is a input pull down list. I can select the left input? And on channel 2 I can select the right input? I run Sonar 8.5 producer addition by the way.

Thanks a lot for the help btw.

Been a while since I dealt with Sonar, but that sounds about right -- create two mono tracks, then set the input pulldown for each track to whichever soundcard input you want to use, arm and record

• Members

Been a while since I dealt with Sonar, but that sounds about right -- create two mono tracks, then set the input pulldown for each track to whichever soundcard input you want to use, arm and record

Unfortunately I don't see an option to create a mono track or stereo track. Just a track... period

• Members

Unfortunately I don't see an option to create a mono track or stereo track. Just a track... period

Yeah, you're right. If you select a mono input it will be mono, If you select a stereo input, it will be a stereo track. Select the mono inputs (L for track 1; R for track 2).

Archived