Recommend for me a decent mic stand.

• Members

I have an older (maybe 10 years) AKG mic stand that I like. I looked at their prices for new ones and they're up in the $90+ range. Can you recommend a decent mic stand. I don't want the cheapies and if the only way to go is the AKG I'll do it. I was just wondering what is being used out there and the good and bad points of them. I checked audiopile.net but all they have is the "shorty".

Thanks

• Members

depends on what your needs are...are you a singing drummer and need a boom? or do you want a straight stand?

assuming your a lead vocalist and just want a straight stand.

ive had a lot of luck with the ultimate tri-pod stand with the one hand clutch. very light and folds up nice. i hate the mics with the heavy clunky base..they always roll around in the van and dent stuff up. i like the one hand clutch its a nice feature and is really durable. i remember buying the stand thinking it was a lot of money for "just a stand" but i have to say its been over 12 years with that stand and would miss it if it was gone. that sucker has been through the war. heres a link to the "modern" version of mine. its the same thing just the newer version

http://www.samash.com/p/LIVET%20Tripod%20Straight%20Microphone%20Stand_-49954259

:blah:

• Members

After using Atlas stands for years, I found something better (in my opinion).

I've recently been using Hecules brand mic stands, but they are very heavy to lug around.

On the plus side, they make a great weapon if our version of 'Born to be Wild' doesn't go over so well...

• Members

Tama (the drum company) makes a pretty nice mic stand too. I found them at the Guitar Center website just now, but I've had a shortie/kickdrum stand for a few years now and it's solid. A bit cheaper than the K&M/AKG stands, way better than the Onstage junk.

Archived