Peavey XR 8600 Power amp. Anyone Familiar with this?

• Members

Does anyone know if this amp has the ability to add on an external effects rack unit?

Also, i have looked at this in the band room and noticed that it does not have a "pan" for left or right. I'm a keyboardist and would like to know if I can run true stereo into this amp from my sub mixer.

Should I be using a direct box from my mixer to the Peavey amp?

We are going to be playing out in about 2 weeks and would like to nail down these issues.

thanks so much.

• Members

"Does anyone know if this amp has the ability to add on an external effects rack unit?"

Not in a conventional way. There is no EFX send. This type mixer is intended to be a one box solution for your PA needs.

"Also, i have looked at this in the band room and noticed that it does not have a "pan" for left or right. I'm a keyboardist and would like to know if I can run true stereo into this amp from my sub mixer."

You can run a stereo signal into the mixer in channel 9/10, but it will be internally summed to mono.

• Members

Does anyone know if this amp has the ability to add on an external effects rack unit?

Also, i have looked at this in the band room and noticed that it does not have a "pan" for left or right. I'm a keyboardist and would like to know if I can run true stereo into this amp from my sub mixer.

Should I be using a direct box from my mixer to the Peavey amp?

We are going to be playing out in about 2 weeks and would like to nail down these issues.

thanks so much.

First off, let me correct your terminology, for the sake of curtailing future confusion: the XR8600 is a powered mixer, not a power amp.

As for your questions, unfortunately the FX aux does not have a send, so you can't run external FX off that aux. The only true stereo input appears to be the RCAs.

All in all it's a pretty barebones device in terms of routing capabilities.

• Members

Im not sure what to do about this.

my sub mixer for my keyboards is a MX1604a

Im running 2 lines (right & Left) from the "main output (balanced) xlr" on the back of my mixer to the Peavey.

Im running 2 lines (Main Output - right & left) from my mixer to two Keyboard Amps as my monitors.

I guess I'm not gonna be able to do true stereo with what I have.

I forgot to mention that both main out lines to the Peavey Powered mixer are 50 ft long.

Maybe all I need is one line going out. Some keyboard/synth sounds might come out weird sounding cause many sounds are panned lightly left or right depending on the layer which makes up the sound.

Maybe I can get more specific in KSS about this.

thanks

• Members

if you don't run monitors you could use it in pseudo stereo by sending L to the main and R to the monitors outs

If it's like some of the other powered boxes, the monitors are post fader (or knob), so you can only get L+R / L-R with Left being mains and Right being monitors. In other words, you cannot get somthing to play ONLY on the Right.

I think I described that properly...

Archived