Do you think a pair of the 15 inch EONs for $500 is a good deal?

• Members

I've been browsing craiglist for months and nothing is ever posted that I would consider. Finally something that seems like a good deal comes up. What do you think? :confused:

I would use them as monitors with PRX 512s and as "throw around" speakers -- ie neighborhood pool parties, jams, etc . I've read on here 15 inch speakers don't make good monitors. I'd be adding them to my JBL PRX rig. I still haven't purchased the sub, but am in no hurry so I could pick up the EONs now.

• Members

How heavy are they? Would you be able to carry the pair in with one in each hand?

I'll send the guy an e-mail and see which model they are.

I agree. $500 for the G2 is good. They are a little heavy but not too bad. I have carried one in each hand but they come in at something like 46 to 50 pounds. The G2s are a pretty good throw around speaker and they can get stoopid loud. I liked the separate volume control for the high & low.

• Members

Not worth it. Good catch.

That's why I come here. :)

In a pinch I have a buddy who has a pair of EONs I could borrow. Actually, the only project I am involved in other than the band is with him and another buddy. It is more of a social thing as we are a loooooong way from playing out. It is more of a neighborhood/friendly jam type thing. :)

• Members

+1 to all advice given above.

Honestly, if you need a pair of decent sounding lightweight speakers that, with a little help, can be used as monitors, you can get Peavey PR12s cheaper than the EONs you posted. I had a pair and used them everywhere I had an outside gig as they were light, weather resistant, and sounded decent. No, you will not do rock-concert volumes, but they work and they are cheap!

• Members

+1 to all advice given above.

Honestly, if you need a pair of decent sounding lightweight speakers that, with a little help, can be used as monitors, you can get Peavey PR12s cheaper than the EONs you posted. I had a pair and used them everywhere I had an outside gig as they were light, weather resistant, and sounded decent. No, you will not do rock-concert volumes, but they work and they are cheap!

Yeah. I have been looking at them. My plan right now is to add a PRX 718 next (or maybe a pair of PRX 518), then I will focus on monitors, then upgrade the mixer, and then the second sub.

Right now, I'm in no hurry as I am currently playing with a band that has a "full" PA. If I saw a good deal that fit in my plan I would move on it, but you guys have all pretty much said this is not one.

If I need something in the meantime I can rent, borrow, or purchase because at that point I would actually "need" it.

Archived