"new" mixer question

• Members

A friend just gave me a mixing console he had laying around. It's an old Mackie VLZ 32.4.2. There are a few channels that are already marked as being out, so I'm going to find a shop somewhere to see if they can fix it. I have no idea how old this board is.

What I can't seem to find anywhere is an owner's manual. I looked on Mackie's site, even in their discontinued section, and couldn't find one. (Unless I just overlooked it, it's not there.) I tried using their "Contact Us" form, but it kept giving me errors, and wouldn't submit.

Is there any other online resource that might have one of these manuals? I did a search, and nothing popped up.

(If this has been discussed in another thread, I apologize. I looked around, but, obviously, the "search" function isn't working).

Thanks,

jamieb

+++++

• Members

I don't think this one's the "Pro" series, but from what I've read, the Pro mainly reduces interference when using longer cables, maybe some improvements in the mic pre-amps, and the like, so I'm not sure how similar the two are. The actual consoles look almost identical to me, though I'm at work, and going from memory (and I've only had it since Friday night).

I'll check that one out. It will at least get me started. (I guess I failed to mention that I know NOTHING about the sound reinforcement side of music. I'm giving myself a crash-course!)

jamieb

+++++

Archived