Mackie SRM450v2 Active Speakers

• Members

Mackie SRM450v2 Active Speaker

94956796-100x100-0-0.jpg

Whats the consensus on these?

Compared to others in the market (QSC Kseries, Eons, JBL PRX series) what would you get?

I like the size and weight...12" only 40 lbs, and has fly points.

Probably will use them for DJ events, will add a sub soon and probably add another pair and another sub for live performance down the road.

• Members

I've used them once and, for the price you can get them for ($499 as restocks from MF) it's seems they'd be a pretty good deal. Only thing that scares me is I see a lot of refurbs, and used, but don't work from MF. I'm assuming the "don't works" used to work and am not sure why they don't make them work again and sell them that way. Might they be expensive to repair or maybe there's a parts shortage. Just odd and something I've never seen.

Sound wise I'd rank it from worst to first - EON - SRM - K Series - PRX, which is pretty much how they are priced. I've heard them all one way or another, but have little experience with any beyond that (used the Mackie as a monitor once).

• Members

I've used them once and, for the price you can get them for
($499 as restocks from MF)
it's seems they'd be a pretty good deal. Only thing that scares me is I see a lot of refurbs, and used, but don't work from MF. I'm assuming the "don't works" used to work and am not sure why they don't make them work again and sell them that way. Might they be expensive to repair or maybe there's a parts shortage. Just odd and something I've never seen.

Sound wise I'd rank it from worst to first - EON - SRM - K Series - PRX, which is pretty much how they are priced. I've heard them all one way or another, but have little experience with any beyond that (used the Mackie as a monitor once).

Thanks

I was able to find them for $499 each, so I did a price match at ZZSounds, they replied with a price of $485 each, and that includes stands, free shipping no tax, and 4 payments.

Placed the order!

If I hate 'em I can send 'em back.;)

• Members

Thanks

I was able to find them for $499 each, so I did a price match at ZZSounds, they replied with a price of $485 each, and that includes stands, free shipping no tax, and 4 payments.

Placed the order!

If I hate 'em I can send 'em back.
;)

Wow! You can't beat that.

• Members

I have the version 1. I like them a lot. I run them over a pair of Yorkville LS720P subs, and the pair work really well for bar band stuff. Plenty of volume and good clean sound. They're bright, but in a good way.

• Members

I have the version 1. I like them a lot. I run them over a pair of Yorkville LS720P subs, and the pair work really well for bar band stuff. Plenty of volume and good clean sound. They're bright, but in a good way.

Those V1s are the RCF component speakers aren't they? Great speakers!

There were reports of some amp overheating issues but they were not that prevalent as I understand.

RCF sold to Loud Technologies! They moved production to China.

The V2s are the Chinese speakers......lots of refurbs.....not sure I would put any money into those.

Loud Technolgies.....Loud Yes....reliable No!

• Members

Those V1s are the RCF component speakers aren't they? Great speakers!

There were reports of some amp overheating issues but they were not that prevalent as I understand.

RCF sold to Loud Technologies! They moved production to China.

The V2s are the Chinese speakers......lots of refurbs.....not sure I would put any money into those.

Loud Technolgies.....Loud Yes....reliable No!

I don't know what's in them, but they're the Italian ones. They do overheat and shut down when used as floor monitors. They've never done that when up on stands though.

Archived