Speakers to compliment Eminence Private Jacks(greenbacks)

NiceFirmHandsnake

• Members

I have a Sunn 412 with two inputs that I kinda made stereo - the left input goes to the left two speakers and the right to the right two. One side has Eminence Private Jacks (which apparently are based on greenbacks), and the other has the original Eminence Beta Bs that filled the cab when I bought it. This setup was handy because it allowed me to use one side for bass and the other for guitar. 

However I'm now looking to replace the Beta B (bass/PA speakers) with guitar speakers, as I plan on getting a Marshall SV20 head and would like to run it into some nice speakers. I should probably say that I'm not worried about the cab being somewhat limited to a 2x12 because this suits me fine, and if I did ever want to use both side, my amps have two speaker outputs!=

My current head is an Ampeg V2 that I use with the Private Jacks, which I love, but I'd like to get something different for the other side for extra versatility. I play a lot of stoner rock and old school psychedelic rock. 

What speakers would you guys recommend considering all of the above? Probably also worth saying I'm not really a fan of V30 style speakers.

Archived