Rod stewart and The Faces

• Members

There is a ton of good Faces stuff on YouTube. I converted a bunch of it to MP3 to play in the car.

I think the key ingredients were talent and more alcohol than the law will allow.

I saw Rod on tour 10-years ago, just after his divorce, the concert was a little flat. It had good moments but "I'm Loosing You" was terrible. It lacked any heart and soul. I have heard cover bands do it better. I almost cried and walked out. Of course, the arena full of middle aged woman just wanted him to sing "If you think I Sexy" and Hot Legs. They thought the show was great.

• Members

That live at the BBC show was aired recently here on BBC4, the whole gig is awesome, including a great version of Maybe I'm amazed.

The BBC has a ton of incredible concert footage and radio sessions of all kinds of artists from the 60's and 70's, they should get it out on DVD/CD. It's so sad to think of it locked away in some dark store room :poke:

• Members

I saw Rod live here in St. Louis in the 80's and it was the worst show I have ever seen. He put on a good physical performance, but the music was sooooo loud and so poorly balanced that the entire concert was nothing but a rumbling roar with moments of unintelligible speaking. Kiss, at the same venue, was a million times better.

Archived