Best Sub for RCF 732a's. RCF 8003-AS?

• Members

I play in a function and wedding band and play venues between 50-150 people in halls/marquees.

​​​​​​

We already own the RCF 732A'S which are great tops but we need more lowend coming through FOH.

We have 2 x Alto ts215s but they aren't giving us what we need.

We run guitar, bass, drums, vocals etc through the PA via XAIR 18 desk.

Does anyone have experience with the RCF 8003-AS-II? We're thinking of getting 1 of these beasts in the hope that it delivers what we need.

Thanks

• Members

Everything RCF makes is decent. The 8004 is a big step up from the 8003. Personally though I ended up with JBL PRX 818xlfw - they’re cheaper and lighter than the RCF subs and very decent. But if weight and cost weren’t factors I’d have gone with the 8004.

• Members

I sold off much of my original RCF gear last year so I could upgrade. My old subs were four RCF ART 705-AS subs. They were just okay, and that's maybe being a little friendly. I don't know how much of an upgrade the 705-ASII version would be. In any event, as I upgraded I spoke with my preferred dealer, a couple other dealers, and even the folks at RCF. They all said the 8004 is their best single-driver sub. I momentarily thought about the monster 21" 8005 and everyone advised to just go with the 18" 8004. As it turns out, all of my band's larger outdoor events this summer came with full PA provided, so I didn't have to take the plunge on the 8004s just yet. Hoping I can put it off until NAMM in case they come out with something new. Their 9004 single 18" cabinet has a bit more power but the RDNET stuff is way out of my league.

Archived