Sennheiser G3 IEM Opinions

• Members

So I've been thinking of going with Iems. If I do I want to get a good system and some custom molds later.

Sweetwater has em for 999 with one body pack or1199 for two body packs. It.seemslike a.good.deal for the second setup.

Also wondering if it makes any difference which band I go for (A _ G)??

• Members

Bump,, one other thing I am not sure about .. is the g3 transmitter stereo? i guess you can run the two body packs on the same mix but only in mono??

And again does it make any difference at this point what transmission band i go with?

Thanks for any answers. I have tried search and looked at the specs but not sure

• Members

ok another bump before the abyss.. Any one have any thoughts or experience with the UE-7 pro and the Sensaphonics custom molds.. Particularly the ambient option on the UE-7..

I can afford the sensaphonics 3d ambient

Thanks in advance

• Members

I have heard that the G3 is excellent and the kit with two body packs is a great deal.

I have never heard anything negative about the Sensaphonics, either.

You can actually run two separate mixes with the G3. Each body pack can have a separate send (in mono) from the transmitter.

• Members

yes thats why i thought it was a good deal.. I supply the PA for my bands and I'll be able to offer the use to another player or the lead vocalist if I have one. I have nice little club pa set up mixwiz etc so I can run four mixes eventually.

Still hope to hear from someone who has tried the UE ambient option and what they thought of the experience.

Thankf for the response JW

I have heard that the G3 is excellent and the kit with two body packs is a great deal.

I have never heard anything negative about the Sensaphonics, either.

You can actually run two separate mixes with the G3. Each body pack can have a separate send (in mono) from the transmitter.

• Members

I was going to go for the Sennheiser since I have the wirelesss guitar unit and really think its great quality but after reading all the great reviews of the AT stuff I decided to go with the M3. I can live with the larger beltpack and some think it sounds better and quieter than the G3. The extra receiver with the g3 deal was nice but truth is at this point I dont need it.. Might as well see if IEM sticks for me ..

So spending about $700 less on the Iem system than I was going to and am going to go with the UE-7 customs.

Thanks for the replies on my thread and others

Snoggin

Take a look at the
Audio Technica M2
. Hint - try
www.northernsound.net
. The pricing there is amazing for this item. This unit also has an ambient microphone input which is pretty unique.

• Members

I decided against the ambient option.. It was 50 bucks on top of the hefty pricetag of the iem's and I think i will try the ambient mic option or the ambient in on the M# itself.. i could use a small lavalier mic.

Please report back on the UE customs with the optional Ambient feature. I would like to know what you think of these. I am currently using stock M3 earbuds and am considering customs. I like the idea of the ambient feature.

Archived