JBL PRX625 Anyone have try it??

• Members

I had the chance to try the PRX615M and the JBL PRX625 especially that I could take home to better compare with my current kit (Yorkville + NX55P LS720P) vs PRX625

The PRX615M: they are very light and plays well.

However, I am not sure it plays louder than my NX55P with no subwoofer. But I only compared it with two songs.

The PRX625, I have not finished my tests, but it's a totally different sound than my NX55P + LS720P. The Yorkville kit has over Middle but less accurate in the acute. The JBL have lack of middle, but the fidelity and clarity compensates a lot.

I tried several styles of music, I would say 70% for the JBL and 30% in favor of my current kit. But as mentioned above, 2 sounds totally different ...

The PRX625 not go down as low as the subwoofer but it hits more in this range of frequencies that the subwoofer.

img0278g.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to try the 2 kits in a bigger room and better adapted.

If you have any questions, you have until Sunday ...

But there are some things that make me hesitate to change my kit.....

Does JBL is as reliable as my Yorkville?

Is that the problem of heat released from the box when there's no music playing as mentioned in other forums will be a problem?

Because they are warm when she's not playing. So, that cause a problem when lit for 3-4 hours has only played a little background music at low volume?

They are so wooden .. But she is slight that I wonder what kind of wood he uses ... It may be very fragile?

Then, the height of boxes ... in 75% of my contracts, I do not have a height problem for the dispersion of sound ... only one or two types of party that maybe if the world is really, really close crates there will be a loss of acute (I tested) but really close to the fund, to be almost over ..

Thank you

ps: Sorry for my english , im french canadian

Edit : i have make a Small video

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Excellent video. It really points out a gaping hole of sound in the Yorkville combo.

Yes it true....

Two totally different sound

EQ On yorkville : +2 Treble -2 middle + 3 low

NX55P Volume at 0 and 100hz engage and

LS720P Volume At 3 oclock , 100hz , bass boost 90

Limite flashing some time

EQ on JBL : Flat Treble , +2 Mid +3 Low

Boost mode and 3 oclock volume

• Members

Yes it true....

Two totally different sound

EQ On yorkville : +2 Treble -2 middle + 3 low

NX55P Volume at 0 and 100hz engage and

LS720P Volume At 3 oclock , 100hz , bass boost 90

EQ on JBL : Flat Treble , +2 Mid +3 Low

Boost mode and 3 oclock volume

A truly honest/fair comparison would be if the EQ were flat for both setups with no boost.

• Members

Friday night was the first night that I got to use the 625's with the prx 618 subs. 5 piece America/reggae / rock band in a bowling alley. When i came off stage i was suprised to see the eq had very minimal adjustments. Our sound guy explained that it sounded great. After hearing nothing but compliments from fans and a few fellow musicians id say im sold on this system (and powered speakers).

Archived