Yoshi's in Oakland, CA.

• Members

Hey, anyone here from the SF Bay Area and know what system/speakers are in Yoshi's? The last time I was there ( it has been yrs. now :cry: ), the sound was beautiful. I thought they were using EV speakers but I could be wrong. I realize the speakers are only one part of the chain. But what impressed me was how clear and natural the sound was, not harsh at all. Very smooth. Is this typical of the "EV sound" ? I like the "JBL sound" as well, but at times, I find some of their offerings to be a little accentuated in the upper highs. Now, before ya'll jump all over me, I also realize both companies have made very many different products that sound different. I was just wondering if either company had a particular philosophy on what they intended their speakers to sound like. Please be kind.

• Members

I also realize both companies have made very many different products that sound different. I was just wondering if either company had a particular philosophy on what they intended their speakers to sound like. Please be kind.

I'm sure they both intended their products to sound perfect and you can be the judge of whether they hit or missed the mark. Yoshi's is Meyer.

Dennis

Archived