Quick question: Traynor K4 setup

• Members

Hope this is the correct forum for this. I have a Traynor K4 amp. I run my keys into it in stereo because I like the sound better onstage but I don't need stereo in the PA. Looking at the block diagram (http://www.traynoramps.com/downloads/servman/smk4.pdf) it seems to me that if I just run out of the left XLR line out that I will be cutting out the right channel? So I guess I would need to run both outs to get the full signal? Do I need to use 2 channels in the house board? Is there a way to run stereo in and mono out or do I need to purchase something to do this?

Thanks!

• Members

"18 A Subwoofer out is provided via a TRS 1/4-inch jack. This mono signal features absolutely no filtering, so it can be used to feed a powered sub, remote powered speakers or any other device requiring a mono-summed fullrange signal." Not sure what signal that would be. Call them and ask , they are great to deal with. Which begs the question "if it's a full range signal, whyis it called a subwoofer out?"

• Members

Thanks Bugzie. I don't see what they mean by no filtering either. It looks to me like that line out is taken just before the woofer amp after every function. Meaning it is post EQ, voicing select, tube/solid state, the 'lead' button and its pots, channel volume and master volume ow! So if I change my master volume for a little more/less stage volume that change will go to the PA causing the sound man to curse me. The low Z outs are pre master volume. I will call them on monday.

Archived