JBL PRX prices

• Members

As many of you know, the JBL PRX series saw MAP price increases awhile ago. Example: the PRX612 went from $699.00 to $799.00 at many vendors. However, while browsing around at Amazon, I noticed the PRX series to be at the older pricing. The 612 was $699.00 and the 615 was $799.99. The 618S-XLF was priced at $1,299.00. I think these were the MAP prices for the PRX6 series when they first came out, before the price increase. I only mention this for those that maybe considering purchasing these speakers. Even if one doesn't buy from Amazon, one could use their pricing as a negotiation point with other vendors.

Best Wishes, Badhabit

• Members

Those with "old stock" paid less for them and may not even realize the price of neo magnets has forced pricing up. They'll discover that the next time they have to order them. Anyone considering purchasing a speaker with a neo magnet should make up their mind quickly and be sure to shop around. The deals are going to dry up.

• Members

There are still some good prices out there. Just for the heck of it, I checked with my favorite local dealer who is also is a large internet dealer. PRX612 is $660.00. PRX618S-XLF is $1020.00. Now the 618 is listed as special order so I doubt if it is old stock.

If interested, contact me and I'll give you the name of the dealer. I don't want to name him here.

I know from past experience in the photo/video business that manufactures play fast and loose with dealer costs/promotions, so there can be a big difference in price from legimate dealers if one shops around.

Archived