What's going on / health of HCSW

mbfrancis

• Members

Actually, I've found it easy to post here. Compare it, for instance, to this songwriting forum!:

http://www.acousticguitar.com/Commun...gwriting-Group

Totally user-hostile. And as a result, totally moribund.

What I have trouble with here is opening weird formats - for example, Soundcloud files. So I can usually just comment on posted lyrics. I often (usually?) have no idea what the tunes posted here sound like.

It helps most when a poster has a clear question - something more than "Waddya think?" It might help to tease specific questions out of posters. That's something we can all do.

And as for advice: I don't post many songs here. I don't usually want advice on the song itself. It's almost always done when I post it. Or it's not done, but it's coming along nicely and I'm not floundering, just giving a sneak preview. My performance OF the song might be lacking - as you can tell, I'm really not a musician or singer - but the song itself is done.

So I don't come here looking for ideas on what rhymes with love or doorknob or whether I need a bridge somewhere. My questions are usually about what to do with it now that it IS done, how to produce it so it sounds good, how to get it beyond my basement.

Didn't know Lee had left. Now I know why he hasn't said much lately. Yup, a real asset.

Archived