Swedish group

xample

• Members

Hi there, I live in Sweden for 3 years now and I’m still trying to understand their ways and their culture. This is one place that has high regards for music and shall always have the ABBA effect. I also noticed that the evolution of their folk music marked their time signature to an unusual resilience. Everything is just captivating which led me to inquire if you know any group that is similar to Saltsjögillet where I could join. My friends and I are in the process of composing a mix of old and new of folk musics but nothing hard metal. Any recommendations would be great.

Something similar to this is what i was referring to:

• Members

This is a songwriting forum - we write songs and provide critiques to each other. You might be posting in the wrong place.

Also, it's not really clear what you are asking us. What recommendations are you looking for?

Finally FYI this sentence - "I also noticed that the evolution of their folk music marked their time signature to an unusual resilience" doesn't mean anything...how can a time signature be "resilient"?

• Members

Yes. It's not a problem, everyone's welcome here. What's your native language?

I knew I guy here in Maine, USA, who had a one-hour radio show that played nothing but Swedish jazz. It was some of the best music I've ever heard - and I'm not a jazz fan!

Archived