Taylor Guitars Meyer sound system

• Members

I went down to Taylor Guitars yesterday to pickup a guitar for my niece. After that I stopped by their design center where the engineers and Bob Taylor reside. I was their talking to some of my old pals when the subject of there Meyer sytem they had installed a few years back in their new performance venue. I had heard they invested about $300K in the system including the Midas FOH and monitor consoles. I was told the venue and the building it was in was shut down and the venue never rebuilt. I asked them what happened to the sound rig and one of the engineers said, "you wanna buy it?" I said, "where is it?". They said it is in storage in one of their warehouses. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be had cheap as I got the impression there were no plans to use it. Beautiful system. Don't know the components but it was all Meyer.

taylor_guitars_side.jpg

• Members

Used Meyer gear is not in big supply. Anything Meyer with even a reasonable price tag will sell now. I don't think Taylor Guitars is putting any effort into selling the sound system and definitely not cheap.

Based on what I was told there are no plans to use this equipment. Probably the word "cheap" wasn't the right one but I would bet that if somebody made them a reasonable offer they would accept. I would bet that the reason they have not tried to sell it is that they are a really busy company producing 400+ guitars a day. Not a high priority.

Archived