Who's next on the tablet only bandwagon?

• Members

That's what I hear. That was Presonus' basic reply when asked why VSL wasn't available for android tablets. Now the new control interface is compatible on Mac, and any Windows 8 touch tablet. A computer OS is the same across different machines, so I think that's why they are able to offer that.

• Members
I use a van or box truck' date=' when packing a trailer you need to be extra careful of weight distribution so my ideas on gear won't work. I usually pack subs and cable trunks up front then let the smaller gear fill in behind.[/quote']

My pack is usually the same. If I'm not using lights, it leaves a pretty good empty spot in the middle. I'll load my subs & power amps over the axle and the mains at the back to lower the tongue weight a bit.

If if I am using the lights, I have the subs and power amps at the back like in the pic again to offset a bit of the tongue weight as well.

fwiw I split mains and monitors into separate amp racks, and 4 channel amps condense the pack even more. The larger mon amp racks can power a set of mojo biamp mains too if needed, and this happens quite a bit too.

My top box is a 3U has the power for the mains and the crossover.

The next one is a 3U and has a monitor power amp and my DMX splitter.

the bottom one is a 4U with 2 power amps. I basically don't like 2U cases since the clasps aren't flush mounted.

Depending on the gig, I can grab whatever box I need. Top & crossover for DJ'ing. The single monitor amp if I'm providing a small sound setup for a wedding ceremony. 4 channels of monitors if we are doing something with provided sound (just in case) etc. I did have a big 16U rack full of stuff before I had my StudioLive. With no trailer, at the time, good god it was a pain in the ass to move.

ive noticed I'm using more small racks and end up with a million 2-4sp lids at a gig. The catch is using a 4sp FOH rack, a 6sp mon amp rack another 2sp amp rack (mix 5&6 or 5-8). Add a FOH amp rack with wheels (I love racks on wheels!) that's either 8 or 12sp and that's a lot of lids.

My latest rack I'm trying has 6 monitor amp channels (alto D4 and carvin dcml1540) and a peavey ipr5k for mono biamp, a rane 31 band eq for mains and a drpa. All with a behringer ada8k using only adat cable to connect to the mixer (01v96). Light pipe I/O and speakon out. Oh, and a rack drawer for gak. I'll post a pic soon

• Members

Well the setup on here is still a little wonky. I hear ya on having a bunch of lids. Just kinda nature of the beast I suppose. I always have room for them and if we use my light rig we stash a bunch of them in the light crates.

The case the RM was in for the gig as just one I had on hand. I ended up buying a 6U shockproof case, so I put it in there along with my couple wireless receivers. I just need to bring one of the plates into work and drill & mount a couple XLRM jacks on the front. Then I can just use a couple small patch cords to go to the mixer.

29198DE7-4238-4FF3-9D88-66820C013997.jpg

• Members
It's like all the brands use android but each manufacturer has it's own little variations. So there's litterally hundreds of different types of "android OS" so they would have to say pick 5 and make it compatible with those

then you would have people saying "well why only those 5" and you're back to the "why only Apple" thing.

There is truth in this; however, if you stick to core functions and don't start using the proprietary portions of the specific device, you can do a pretty good job of making it work on most devices.

One guy sitting at home was able to do it with MixingStation for the X32, so it is totally possible.

• Members

There is truth in this; however, if you stick to core functions and don't start using the proprietary portions of the specific device, you can do a pretty good job of making it work on most devices.

One guy sitting at home was able to do it with MixingStation for the X32, so it is totally possible.

OneEng, have you personally used Mixingstation? Reason I ask is I'm seriously looking into an a Android tablet just to explore that option. Innovation deserves support. The UI is the frontier right now. (IMHO)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived