Don't Let Your Dreams Get In the Way [new mix post 34 w Stickboy master!]

mbfrancis

• Members

Not sure...it works, and I prefer the piano intellectually, but it lacks a certain menace. What I really want to hear is a low guitar tone, but I can't get my guitar to sound right...I may take one more crack at it, and this will be my fallback...

• Members
If you want me to have a go at something let me know

Oh cool....well I'm thinking of a kind of Duane Eddy thing on that melody in v2 (like the gtr/vibes version above). Something spacey and menacing a bit. Doesn't have to be guitar, but ideally doesn't clash with the organ. So no glockenspiels, ha (unless they're pitched down and distorted?).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

OK, here's a very close to final mix. I did some extensive editing - mostly drum and bass pocketing - and some vocal tuning, and it's sounding pretty good I think. I ended up using piano for v2, which I'm still not 100% happy with, but I haven't found anything better (tried guitar, marimba, synth, vibes).

Stickboy mastered - some EQ tweaks, widening, and limiting. How does it sound to you guys? I hear some minor stuff but I'm going to live with it a bit first.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13128279

Archived