3 flight cases. It's been 3 months. Am I right in being pissed?

• Members

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Mentioned that I really need proof of life, pics of the cases in their current state and and a definite end date.

Finally got a response....

-------------------------------------
(I uploaded the pic to my photobucket)
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/63DD4BF7-83B9-4076-B759-AFF254AB1FD3-8194-000009F7A1337635.jpg

I've attached a picture of your cases waiting at the door and will be picked up Friday and shipped I'll provide the tracking number once I have it.
----------------------------------------

So I'll post a quick note when they arrive. I have a couple more cases I want but I can't wait that long for them. There's another case builder a bit closer. I'll be asking questions like how long it will take to make a case or two etc etc.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

So I'll post a quick note when they arrive. I have a couple more cases I want but I can't wait that long for them. There's another case builder a bit closer. I'll be asking questions like how long it will take to make a case or two etc etc.

Doesn't Axe Music still build cases?

• Members

(Assuming you made a typo... and you meant to spell pile with an "i") I'm working on that... today.

The main reason we've shyed away from shipping to Canada is "the paperwork"... that and effectively servicing customer complaint issues across international boarders can be challenging.

The paperwork thing (mostly customs and duty) might not sound like much, but we're a small company, and we do have limitations when it comes to manpower... or ladypower as the case may be when it comes to dealing with the paperwork "here".

Our UPS rep is meeting with us today, in-part to discuss UPS's somewhat "new" international shipping program.  If I understand the UPS international shipping program correctly, UPS has streamlined the customs and duty portion of international shipping where-in:  The UPS shipping quote includes the duty portion... UPS pays the customs fees which are built into the UPS shipping quote.  If indeed UPS is handling this aspect of international shipping, that could remove the straw that breaks the camel's back for us on shipping to Canada.

I should know more later today.

Just some input for you, I buy a ton of gear out of the US and I will not buy from anyone who ships UPS. Their brokerage fees are ridiculous and their service levels in Canada are nowhere near like what they are in the US.

I think it is awesome you are exploring options to ship to Canada, I suggest you talk with DHL instead of UPS as their fees are almost as low as USPS and their service inbound to Canada is amazing. From what I understand they offer the same type of streamlined process you are describing that the UPS rep offered. The other part of DHL I really like is their air shipping is often very close to road pricing from others; for example, the 2 Peavey 118BX subs I have enroute cost $219 expedited air from NY to Fort McMurray, Alberta and sending anything into Canada by air lowers the duty which will be attractive to your customers up here. The diference in shipping these subs by UPS ground is over $500 more and would take 10 days instead of 3; and I would have to go to the depot and pick them up instead of being delivered to my door.

EDIT: So I realize I am new here, I won't call the person out but had a PM that questioned my integrity on this post....here is the tracking....a learned a long time ago not to throw {censored} around without having facts to support it as it generally makes you look like an ass

Brokerage, tax and duty for the set of subs was $126 which includes $68 in GST that I would have paid had I bought it anywhere in Canada as well...

20Delivered - Signed for by : ROBFORT MCMURRAY3:56 PM

19Arrived at Delivery Facility in NORTHERN ALBERTA - CANADANORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA6:46 AM

18Departed Facility in NORTHERN ALBERTA - CANADANORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA4:43 PM

17Processed at NORTHERN ALBERTA - CANADANORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA4:42 PM

16Arrived at Sort Facility NORTHERN ALBERTA - CANADANORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA1:09 PM

15Clearance processing complete at NORTHERN ALBERTA - CANADANORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA12:54 PM

14Processed for clearance at NORTHERN ALBERTA - CANADANORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA12:49 PM

13Clearance delayNORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA12:48 PM

12Transferred through SEATTLE - USASEATTLE, WA - USA9:10 AM

11Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA5:04 AM

10Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA3:59 AM

9Shipment on holdCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA6:28 AM

8Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA6:07 AM

7Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA3:26 AM

6Departed Facility in NEW YORK CITY GATEWAY - USANEW YORK CITY GATEWAY, NY - USA11:40 PM

5Processed at NEW YORK CITY GATEWAY - USANEW YORK CITY GATEWAY, NY - USA10:55 PM

4Arrived at Sort Facility NEW YORK CITY GATEWAY - USANEW YORK CITY GATEWAY, NY - USA10:53 PM

3Departed Facility in WOODSIDE - USAWOODSIDE, NY - USA10:39 PM

2Processed at WOODSIDE - USAWOODSIDE, NY - USA10:39 PM

1Shipment picked upWOODSIDE, NY - USA5:04 PM

HelpBrooklyn , NY 11222
United States of AmericaFort Mcmurray , Canada

Ship Date: 02/05/2013
Pieces: 2
Total Weight: 222.0 lbs           Note on Weight
Ship Type: Package
Shipment Reference:

Service: EXPRESS WORLDWIDE nondoc
Description: (2) SP118BX

• Members

Ok they finally arrived. The story was they were going out Monday. So Tuesday I said I'm going that way, on Saturday and ill pick them up then. Or I'll arrange to have a friend pick them up on Friday along with the $85 shipping refunded.

Next email I get, they're in transit and here's the shipping number.

Ok finally. Though I won't hold my breath until they arrive. Today they arrive with a $452.51 collect fee. Turns out the main shipping company ships to the nearest city, then it's taken over by a smaller company to my town. It wasn't marked prepaid. So they collect. A couple phone calls and it was prepaid, everything worked out so I finally picked them up at noon.

They were all crated really well, we cut off the banding and I just took them home without the packaging. The JCM800 head fits really well, and the other cases look great as well. I've heard they do great work but I don't know if I can wait that long in the future.

Here they are, some real quick snapshots, I was on my lunch break and ran them home to my garage.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/D4126231-178B-4EFE-B549-A3DC432CB7D4-10818-000008B228091CAC.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/FD91C50B-BA14-474D-829E-23665F15A8F7-10818-000008B2178DE544.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/8046BE65-9711-4CED-992E-44558342375C-10818-000008B2201D3B8D.jpg

• Members

That's great news that A) you got them and 2) they are of good quality. That said, you'd have to be crazy to buy from them again. Companies like this, even if well intentioned, often make bad business decisions and go out of business with no warning. When the music stops somebody is left standing with their ____ in their hand. You were lucky enough to both get your items and see the poor business decisions first hand.

• Members

Just saw this thread... I'm guessing its road case guys out of red deer? See there add on kijiji lots. Bought a case for my Allen and Heath from them and it came quick. Weird. That was 3 years ago though.

And I back up rob_h ups claims. I also won't buy anything shipped ups. Their "brokerage" fees are ridiculous!!

• Members

Yeah that's them. Turns out the big trunk they delivered is only 18" high. The one I ordered, that's on the work order is 24" high. I let them know that I want to exchange it for a 48x23x24 case. Once they build it ill drive down and exchange it for the other one to save on shipping. Plus I'm not going to send this one back and wait for the other one.

The amp case and snake case are great. The trunk us built really well, but I need it 24" deep, not 18" deep.

Archived