Team HC

• Members
Yes, the folks at Nucleus have done a great job so far, keep up the good work and btw, there was a certain RobotGirl on the forums when HC switched to Lithium she asked for feedback about the new site feedback was given, she dissapeared
Thanks for the recognition of "good work". Encouraging words are always good to hear :-)

• Members

You are correct my post is a cheap shot. Since you seem open to engaging in dialog, here is a response.

First, let's address the chauvinism of your initial post - does Nucleus really want to be known as the place where employees publicly post about "hiring hotties?" Think hard; Wired and Gizmodo's editorial staff is but an email away. It's an inappropriate remark, and while I borrowed your vernacular, YOU are here in a professional capacity. That is an extremely inappropriate remark.

Second, there have been not tens but hundreds of earnest, helpful posts offered to the manager(s) of HC over the years. The responses were seldom in kind. Instead, responses have been defensive, disdainful (comical, as many of us have worked in SAAS for outfits that have successfully moved from the garage to nine- and ten-figure market caps), condescending and altogether showing a lack of capacity to hear anything other than praise. Your posts above do little to change this impression.

The impression that I get - as well as many others - is that of disingenuous and disrespectful communication with users. It's an issue of basic honesty, and perhaps competency. I have literally seen dialog in the past where HC admins have spoken condescendingly to people who could literally run circles around them from a tech or PM perspective.

That residual distrust and distaste is not likely to diminish until there is meaningful change.

That could include more honest communication with users about downtimes and challenges (I will note that this has, indeed, improved as of late but must also note that there is tremendous baggage there). It could also include standard, polite responses to inquiries from professionals along the lines of "well, we were shifting servers between farms" to "I'm sorry, but we just can't share that info, it is proprietary and that is our decision."

And avoiding language like "hiring a hottie."

Until then, at best the perception is of a lack of professionalism, if not disrespect to users who refuse to cheerlead.

Archived