Rockitt Retro 50W Plexi ('68 12000 Series)

bbaug14

• Members

I bought this amp from a member on another forum to check it out as I've never owned a 12000 series. It rips. No doubt. However it doesn't do anything terribly different than my Fargen, at least not so much so that both are necessary, so I'm considering moving it. If you aren't familiar with the Rockitt Retro, do a search on it on the Gear Page. There are 2 threads to the limit about it. Basic specs are SOZO caps, Allen Bradley Carbon Comps, custom transformers (much like Metropoulos), and other high end components. This one is upgraded and has the PPIMV on the back and it works fantastic. Build quality is second to none and is on par with Germino, Wallace, Metropolous, etc. I don't think you could build your own at this price! Amp is in mint condition. I can't find a thing wrong with it. Never gigged by me or the person I bought it from. The only thing I'd point out is the holes in the headshell where the logo originally was. I don't have the logo but I'm sure Kevin would be happy to send one or you could always use a Marshall logo :nono Would like to get $1000 shipped and paypal'd gift (OBO) to cover what I paid, which is a great deal on a great amp. If you're interested or have questions, shoot me a PM. 7ffu.jpg e1n2.jpg zeo3.jpg fodh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yup Fargens cover a lot , but a portion was based right off this amp , as you know , sooo.. :) ..lol

Sweet amp I have to say , because I have one in Purple #55 :).. hard to touch the sound 7 quality , Kev does a great job 4 sure ,., good luck buddy ,, someone grab this :) .. What # is it ?

Archived