80's "hair metal" cover - Whitesnake "Still of the Night"

berniemcpeak

• Members

I received an invite to jam/audition with a local metal cover band and the lead guitarist gave me his cover of Whitesnake's "Still of the Night". The cover track is phenomenal, IMHO, and these guys are extremely talented musicians. To say I'm nervous to jam with them is an understatement. Anyway, I laid down some vocals to the song and would like some feedback. This is a rough cut as I only had my lunch hour to lay it down. I didn't have time enough to do the harmonies, and I tried to mimic Whitesnake's production with some heavy reverb, delay, chorus. Whitesnake's singer, David Coverdale has a very similar range to Robert Plant's of Led Zeppelin. I do my best to get that sound/feel, so please let me know what you think of my efforts.

https://soundcloud.com/berniemcpeak/still-of-the-night-cover-mix

• Members

hi bernie !

This is fantastic dude, considering you did it all in an hour! I would say there is nothing you should be nervous about and go ahead and jam with that band with full energy!

The only drawback I found in the recording was the words seemed a little unclear. But obviously that maybe because you were in a hurry :p

Anyway, excellent job and all the best!

Archived