Anyone with experience with the Fender pa-250

JBbitchin

• Members

Hey.

Is there anyone here who might recommend a better deal or know if this Fender PA-250 is a steal (or not) for $300, obviously used?

I've got some equipment held at a local music shop and this is a piece they have, I stumbled across.  Reading reviews, I have read everything from people--one alone said he had used it to gig in a small coffee house as well as for some event in his kid's middle school gym with 1400 people and it was sufficient for both venues.  The ONLY down sides I have read about are design comments (like it needs handles on the speaker cabinets), or I have read that if and when you have any problems, it will be a tough one to get fixed or have someone else repair.

Is there anyone in here who is familiar with this, knows or has had any experience with it or with someone using one or whatnot?

Is there anything of this power level etc. I could find for a similar price range or say between $300-500?

I want to use it for maybe small coffee house gigs and then some political or sales stuff, like at a booth at a fair or what not, so mostly vocals since anything you might want or need an instrument for where this might be appropriate--well couldn't you likely run off an amplifier just as easily, unless you had some tiny 5 watt no-gigging amp?

Thanks ahead of time.

Archived