Ipad Newbie Questions

• Members

Hello folks. Using analog mixers to mix. Like them? yes. Fit my needs. yes. Moving to digital mixer? Maybe or maybe not. Not yet biting the bullet on digital but in the future may. They say I need an Ipad for say the Mackie DL mixer. I'm a PC guy and always have been. My last mac I used was 1990 and I programmed some programs in basic on floppy drives. Used some macs in college for word processing but ended up going the PC route, did about 15 years in IT etc so very familar with PC's.

Why digital? I get to lose some rack gear. maybe even shrink my rack down to three 2 U's space. Nice.

So I was thinking of getting my wife an Ipad for Christmas, as I hear a lot of good things about them. The plan would be to say it's "our" Ipad so I could use it on my digital mixer when I go that route.

I like newegg.com as I can get anything I need and nothing has ever been bad or returned and probably bought about 5 different laptops (pc based) in the past few years for friendfamilies so I'd like to stick with them as a vendor if possible.

What Ipad do I need to get if I get the DL 1608 (or maybe even the new behringer x32)?

I know I will be doing more research, but trying to avoid that step and see what you guys state works the best or what is needed for this application? Ipad 2, Ipad 1? Then there is the Ipad mini, then there is retina display (is that for security only?)... so I just need an IPAD with a 30 pin dock right? Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The iPad retina has an improved display; I have a few different models and recommend the iPad 4 as it has the new style connector and the 5 is not a significant improvement over it (although it is lighter). With the 5 now out, pricing are coming down on the 4 with retina display. As far as where to buy, I suggest the Apple store, the prices are about the same and you can buy the 2 year warranty. This is one of the few electronic devices I buy the warranty on as it also covers damage.

Archived