Is what I have....what I need? (Monitor EQ)

• Members

New band.....old guys....2 guitars, bass and drums and 30 years of Classic Rock favorites.  We're just getting rolling and are running our sound from the stage.  I've ben reading up on monitors and the ringing out process to get a bit more volume before feedback.  We have one club in particular (low ceilings) that causes us some problems.  I would like to add an eq to our monitor system to help with the problem frequencys that have been popping up.  I already own 3 different dual 15 band eq's...a 1U DBX215, a 2U DOD R830B and a 2U Peavey Q215F with the frequency indicator lights.  Can I get away with using one of these to eq our monitors or would it be better to pop for a 31 band?  The local GC has a Behringer 3102 ($99) with the feedback-finder-whatever thing....but is this basically what I alrady have with my Peavey?  I've worked hard to get rid of most of my lower entry level gear and kind of hate to go there but the price is right and if it's the right tool for the job?  I also came across a mint Ashley MQX2310 that's for sale locally (asking $220) that seems to be a much nicer piece of gear....of course it doesn't have all the fancy dancing lights!  What say you...if you were me? 

• Members

Using what you already have... that Peavey would be handy for killing the offending frequencies while running sound from stage. The cuts will be wider than on a 31-band, sure... but that might be a good thing if you're trying to kill something that's actively feeding back during a gig. For ringing out the monitors during setup... you can't beat a nice 31-band.

Archived