Roland introduces their hottest V-machine to date: FR-7

• Members

The thing about the FR-7 I find appealing is that it's more like a remote MIDI controller than an accordian - imagine controlling some serious synth sounds from this beasty and getting some Laurie Anderson-ish effects from it. Good God, think of the performance possibilities of playing something that looks like an accordian but sounds like dragon sex. If all you guys think this would be good for is polkas, I'm ashamed of you. :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by The Pro

The thing about the FR-7 I find appealing is that it's more like a remote MIDI controller than an accordian - imagine controlling some serious synth sounds from this beasty and getting some Laurie Anderson-ish effects from it. Good God, think of the performance possibilities of playing something that looks like an accordian but sounds like dragon sex. If all you guys think this would be good for is polkas, I'm ashamed of you.
:rolleyes:

Spot on man.

I think this is one of the BETTER and more creative products Roland has released of late.

Most people dislike the accordion because they have NEVER heard it played properly. It is one of the most BADLY played instruments on the planet, thus it has a bad reputation.

Played well, the accordion is an amazing sounding instrument. Plus, it's EXTREMELY portable.

Also, while MIDI accordions have been around for a good while, almost all of them DO NOT offer velocity sensitivity, nor orchestral sounds BUILT IN. Not to mention the sheer amount of options or versatility that the V-Accordion seems to offer.

I have heard some absolutely MIND-BLOWING, progressive, groundbreaking Jazz and Latin music performed on the accordion in a band context.

If you think that accordions are only good for polkas/waltzes/mariachi music, then you need to SERIOUSLY open your mind.

• Members

alright, i'm probably the last guy to realize this is not an april fool's joke...

...and {censored} now i want one of these things! they look like so much fun! red one!

any idea how much yet?

and what about possibilities of hooking it up to control softsynths? that would be cool...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If you want to hear someone playing the accordion properly, try Roland Cedermark. He's been doing it all his life, and even though I am not much into accordion music (ok so I had one myself once), he's amazing at it.

Archived